Saturday, October 23, 2004

new office, new start?

Well, even though I can't start work until I've finished the thesis-writing hell, I've already moved into my new (shared) office. I live alone. This is something I am generally grateful for, but I was developing a serious case of cabin fever. I think I was just craving a different set of walls to stare at. So I took all my shit to the labs... People keep walking in, looking at all my files and saying things like, "my God... you're so organised."

I fear the day when they realise the truth. I honestly can't think of many things in my life that are organised. Maybe my CD collection counts, but that's only 'cause I don't really use it since I ripped them all to MP3.

My noticeboard has about 10 layers of irrelevant and out of date detritus pinned to it. My hard drives are filled with disorganised crap that I can't find. And don't even try to imagine the state of my kitchen. My life is generally a mess, in just about every imaginable way.

No comments: