Wednesday, September 22, 2004

fucking-wanker-bastard-cunts

As you may be able to tell, I am now officially close to losing it. I'm seriously wondering why I took this studentship. I kind of knew what I was letting myself in for at the time... but why the fuck did I think I could actually do this?? Why?

Today's problem: (Sorry for being vague... but I have to avoid certain specificities here.)

I'm working on the physiology of a particular animal. I have to describe - in detail - the structure of a particular organ. I came up with a nice little technique that has allowed me to get some pretty fucking fantastic (even if I do say so myself) images of this organ using scanning electron microscopy. Now I have to label the sub-structures of this organ for my thesis. This should not be too difficult. Many different scientists have published descriptions of this organ in related species.

Drawback number one: I don't know if they had good reasons, or if their pathetic little male egos got the better of them. But there appear to be at least six different sets of terminology in current use for the same structures. Wankers! Why?! Really?? The fact that many of these are latin-based doesn't help.

Drawback number two: Few of these researchers appear to have been capable of providing images that are of any use discerning the relative positions of any of these structures. They may have known what they were attempting to say when they wrote the papers, but I thought the whole point of this was to impart their knowledge to others. Maybe I really am just that fucking stupid...

Drawback number three: I'm currently hovering between wanting to commit multiple homicide, and not giving a shit.

I just want to line up every author of every paper I've read today, rip out their eyes and pour Trizol (TM) in the sockets... trust me, this is not nice stuff. Wankers. The bloody lot of them.

I'm just tempted to make up a completely new set of terms, and see if anyone notices.

Listening to: Ministry. This is not the calming music I need.

Fuck.

No comments: