Thursday, December 16, 2004

deadlines and distractions.

Ok, so I have a deadline to finish writing my thesis, print the damn thing, bind it and submit it. Initially, this deadline was December 20th. I spoke to Tom, who agreed Tuesday would be OK... before helpfully pointing out that the university shuts for Christmas on Thursday 23rd (he'd checked... he knows me too well). I currently have the twin motivations of wanting to finish this before Christmas, and knowing if this takes any longer, we risk losing the funding for my post-doc position. It's a thought that kind of focuses the mind.

So basically, I have a week to finish writing the last experimental chapter, start writing the general discussion, and finish the main introduction. And make corrections. And sort out the references and the appendices.

I want to cry.

Something else that made me want to cry? "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott shot dead onstage... I hadn't heard Damageplan, but I loved Pantera, and I love gigs in small venues. It was a week ago, and I still can't think of anything to say that'll make sense.

RIP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look, you need to decide what day you're finishing so that I can get the postcards ending on the right day! -- BG

Raystorm said...

It does sound pretty overwhelming. I hope you get everything done in time. Going to UK myself to do my phd there next year. Cheers from Spain! :)