Friday, May 28, 2004

I need more caffeine

We have various vending machines in the lobby of my building. Probably the most healthy things I have ever seen in any of them include mass-produced carrot cake and Tic Tacs. Not great when you work long hours and are prone to snacking.

If I want something to drink, I usually just head to the convenience store (which is only a short walk away). More so since some genius decided to stop stocking the machine with Pepsi Max (they do have Diet Pepsi, but water from the toilet would be a close second...). Anyway, it is late, the store is shut, and I have just realised the only thing I can stomach from the vending machine is another Red Devil energy drink (caffiene plus sugar equals happy postgrad.) The kick from the previous dose lasted only an hour or so. At £1.00 a shot, this could turn into an expensive habit. Tempted to either walk down the street to my car (and redeem the Pro-Plus from the glove compartment) or sleep in the lab. Urrggghhh.

No comments: