Thursday, September 22, 2005

tired... so very tired... (Monday 5th)

I must have had a couple of hours sleep before I reluctantly managed to haul my oversized arse out of bed for the drive to Oxford. Never a morning person, getting up and out when it's still dark just feels, well... un-natural.

Despite roadworks, things were going well until I mis-placed myself (I couldn't get lost two days running, could I?) searching for Wimble's house. A long standing friend of my sister, he'd kindly agreed to provide me with somewhere to sleep for the week, as I attended a course for work.

I arrived at the course venue only a couple of minutes late, and although I was tired, sat at the back of the room checking out the guys as I flicked through the barrage of assorted paperwork. One bloke in particular caught my eye... it was only later I realised he used to work in the same lab as me.

Anyway, I was pleased that the course looked as though it would be both useful and fun, but skipped the evening meet and greet (i.e. drinking session) to flop out back at Wimble's house, and catch up on some much needed sleep.

No comments: