Monday, August 23, 2004

the essential supplies

OK... so after a couple of shopping trips, I now have most of the items I need for this whole thesis writing lark. Among the highlights:

- paper plates and plastic cutlery (not environmentally friendly I know, but prevents using dish-washing as a work avoidance tactic)

- St. John's wort - it kept me sane revising for exams as an undergraduate

- Bach's Rescue Remedy - I'm no tree-hugging hippy, but I know enough people who swear by this stuff that I'm willing to give it a shot. Anyway, it contains alcohol

- Nytol - the woman in Boots pointed out it is not suitable for long term use. I informed her I only intend to use it as long as it takes me to write my thesis. She sold it to me anyway...

- several reams of paper ("borrowed" from the lab)

- lots of coffee.

What else do I need??!

(The first person to suggest "a miracle" gets it!)

No comments: