Thursday, July 01, 2004

Ho hum...

I have now reached the point where I can't tell any longer if I'm bored or depressed. There is a fine line between the two around here... I am by now quite possibly both.

Science by it's nature can be rather repetitive, but I've spent the last few weeks photographing and fixing embryos. And before anyone objects, they are not human, or indeed any other species that people get particularly emotive about. It was fun for a while, but sitting by myself in a little room with a couple of microscopes and a crappy CD player for company is starting to take its toll.

I just want this to be over.

Listening to: Stranger in this Town - Richie Sambora
Craving: chocolate... lots and lots of chocolate
In need of: a big hug, lots of sleep, a holiday and sex

On the upside...
- my ever wonderful sister has acquired some second-hand computers, and has promised to send one of them down to me; it should be one hell of an improvement on what I currently have at home
- our computer techie department have finally got me my copy of Paintshop Pro version 8 (my supervisor thinks I'm going to use it for work... I prefer to design covers for my CD compilations)
- and last, but definitely not least, Saint Silas Intercession are playing the Garage next week :-) Yay!

Like I need an excuse to get out of this town...

No comments: