Monday, July 05, 2004

Why?

As I left the lab this evening, I ran into a friend of mine. When I first told him (with some surprise) that I did have feelings for Sean, his generous response was “welcome to the human race.” He’s kind enough to always make the right noises, but I suspect he views the whole saga with a greater amount of vague amusement and boredom than sympathy. In all honestly, I can’t say I blame him. I later ranted to him via text message about how, above everything else, it was just downright rude that Sean hadn’t called.

I think I realised deep down that I was unlikely to hear from Sean again some time ago, but it was really only over the weekend that I felt totally fine with it. Typical then, that the little bastard decided to phone me tonight. He was polite, and funny (oh, and he has a damn sexy voice). The conversation was clean (almost), and it was good to hear from him.

I just wish I knew if he really called to chat, or if he thought he might run into me at his imminent graduation and wanted to avoid looking like an arsehole.

Jesus… I am turning into Bridget Jones. Will someone please get the shotgun at the ready?

No comments: