Sunday, July 04, 2004

Not an exciting weekend (unless you're Greek)

Saturday was spent tidying up and trying to schedule what little lab time I have left. I think my parents realised I was rather pissed off when I spoke to them on the phone, so they drove down to visit me on Sunday. The all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet did help, but I think I only cheered up when I beat my Dad 7-5 7-4 at air hockey in a local arcade. It's just a shame that he's not getting any younger, and is on medication for his diabetes and blood pressure. It kind of cheapens the victory.

Anyway, he's always been an over-competitive bastard, and I won ;-)

On the upside, Greece beat Portugal in the final of Euro 2004. We have a few Greeks at the lab; I don't know if tomorrow they will still be happy, or nursing monster-sized hangovers.

No comments: