Monday, June 14, 2004

Ahhh... the weekend

Friday night, I decided to try to escape town early. I had promised to go and visit my parents, who I haven't seen now for a few months. Unfortunately, I think half the county decided to simultaneously head in the same direction as me. As usual, some of them had trouble keeping their cars on the black stuff. I don't know if it is bad karma, but whenever I see a road accident, I always just think I'm glad it wasn't me.

Anyway, I finally made it down to my parents' rather rural retirement retreat, and was rewarded with a bottle of Baileys for my trouble. My Mum said she was going to buy me an Easter egg, but figured I would rather have alcohol. I like my Mum.

Saturday afternoon was the Birthday party of their 12 year-old neighbour. It was fun when it started, then after eating, I started to feel decidedly unwell. I’m still unsure if the sausage hadn’t spent enough time on the BBQ, or if doing somersaults onto a bouncy castle after drinking Bacardi Breezers was responsible. Either way, I made my excuses and left.

My Dad recently bought a rather high tech piece of equipment for his workshop. He managed to bugger part of it up (naturally, this wasn't his fault), and the manufacturers sent him a replacement part. I should point out that as he's got older, his hands have got more and more shaky... so guess who got to spend Sunday morning scrambling under the machine to try to fix the new part in place...

After lunch at a local hotel, my Mum and I wandered around the adjacent wildlife park. It's a pretty cool place, but each time I visit, there appears to be a little less wildlife actually there. About the only thing there guaranteed to grab my attention is the Lemur wood. Predictably, I took photo's, some of which are posted below.

No comments: