Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Call me...

OK... the last time I saw Sean was after the party. We did exchange phone numbers, but I'm never sure when that little dance is a polite ritual, or when it actually means "call me." I knew he would be out of the country for a while, but figured he should be back by now.

I sent him a nice, friendly, reasonably short text message that a fellow female postgrad assured me was cool, calm, and collected. I sincerely hope he never finds out the truth. This involved me agonising over how, when, and if I should contact him. I was going to call him, but was advised against this by my sister ("you don't want him to hear the desperation in your voice..." Oh, thanks, by the way.) Then my lab-mates took the piss out of me when I started to draft the message on paper.

Anyway, he texted me back (quickly), told me he was off to Glastonbury, but would talk to me when he got back. At least this does imply that if he's not interested, he'll be decent enough to actually tell me.

No comments: