Thursday, June 10, 2004

Damn, that felt good...

Aaaahhhhh... sweet relief (and no, I'm not talking about that). I finally had my hair cut.

I really do love Toni & Guy. As a poor postgraduate student, I should probably be far more frugal with what little money I do actually have. As it is, I view my trips to T&G as one of life's little luxuries.

The only problem is trying to resist the beautifully packaged, yet incredibly overpriced hair products. This morning, I failed miserably, and spent £10 on 250 mL of Bed Head Control Freak serum. Branded pipe dreams, basically. I guess I bought it for the following reasons:
- I'm an eternal optimist
- the brand name is in a really cool font
- it's a fantastic shade of green.
Oh, and it has little glittery bits in it.

"Fight the frizz. control your freakin' hair," it says.

Hope in a bottle. Get it here: Only £40 a fucking litre.

On the way back to the lab, I stopped off in Claire's Accessories to try to find a present or two. I've been invited to a Birthday party for a 12 year old girl... I like her, she's sarcastic, has a razor-sharp sense of humour, is incredibly self-confident and rides around on a moped. Give her a few years, and she'll be breaking hearts left, right, and center. Still, I don't know if I bought her stuff that a twelve-year old will like. I'd better give her the receipt as well :-)

No comments: