Sunday, June 20, 2004

DIY blues

I spent an uninspired afternoon pottering around the shops replacing all those annoying little things that are surprisingly important. Like toothpaste and deodorant. I'm at the point where I couldn't really care, but it does seem like a reasonable courtesy to my lab-mates, if nothing else.

I also bought a series of square shelves. I have a set in already in my bathroom... They are useful and they look cute, so I figured I'd get another batch, and put them up near my computer. If nothing else, they would help me tidy some of the clutter on my desk.

A few years back, my Mum bought me one of those little DIY gizmos that detects annoying obstructions such as pipes, electrical wires or metal studs that are frequently embedded in walls. Note to self: next time, use it before I start drilling. Judging by the amount of metal, I now suspect my building would survive anything but a direct nuclear hit. On the upside, the holes are conveniently hidden by the pictures that were already there. Russ Meyers posters have their uses...

No comments: