Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I must find out what happened...

The three buildings next to mine are all owned by the same bloke. I'm going to call him Geoff. I know him only as I rent a parking space from him; however, he's a real character, and I will always stop and chat to him.

The last time I saw him was about two weeks ago. A woman had been found dead in a hotel around the corner from here. I had heard about this on the local news while I was at work. I was under the impression it was natural causes, until I drove past on my way home, and saw the whole road had been sealed off by police.

I saw Geoff as I got out of my car. He said the version of events he'd heard were as follows:

The woman was found dead. Police were called in to investigate. Police decided to conduct a thorough search. Drug dealer rather pissed off his premises were to be ransacked by police. Police sealed off street while drug dealer was removed. (This may or may not be true, but it raised a smile at the end of a long day)

This prompted me to tell him the story of the night they found my downstairs neighbour dead in his flat (long story, may post it some other time). Geoff proudly told me that in 30 years as a landlord, he'd never had a fatality.

Fast forward to this morning:
I have still to find out exactly what happened. However, judging by the lengths of police tape sealing off the building, and what looked like scenes of crimes officers, I suspect that poor old Geoff may have lost his 100 % record.

Must find out what happened...

No comments: